Monday, June 18, 2012

Why Use Non-Toxic, Water-Based Nail Polish?

Guest post from Ginny Cardenas, Hopscotch Kids & Scotch Naturals

Any mother raising girls knows that at a certain age, glitz and glam become all of the rage. From lip gloss to eye shadow, every inch of the house is covered in smudges of color. Girls come home from birthday parties decked out in trendy fashion styles that scream, “I am here to make a statement!” My home is not immune to this type of display as she has three girls who are constantly trying to express themselves through vibrant colors and glitter. Like most moms who try to make the best decisions for their children, I started to question the beauty trends of not only young girls but adult women as well. I know what we put on our bodies also goes in our bodies. I began to research the chemicals that we use in our beauty routines. What I found was that what we use to make ourselves beautiful is actually a toxic concoction of ugly chemicals.  


Through research it became clear that nail polish was the worst offender. Chemicals such as nitrocellulose, toluene, butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, and formaldehyde are present in many of the nail polishes that we use on a daily basis. One whiff of the noxious fumes that seep out of nail polish bottles would tell you that there is something toxic about traditional nail polish. Your gut reaction would not be wrong. The chemicals in traditional nail polish are known carcinogens, neurotoxins, endocrine disruptors, skin irritants, and environmental toxins. Once my research was complete I decided that something had to be done, and I would be the one to do it. Enter HopscotchKids and Scotch Naturals; non-toxic, water-based polishes that are designed for good, clean fun.  

My team and I believe that you should not have to sacrifice safety for beauty. Our products allow women and children to look and feel their best while making choices that are not only better for them, but the world around them. And with salon-quality durability and tons of trendy colors to choose from, switching to a water-based nail polish means you don’t have to sacrifice beauty for safety either.

Find out more during our Healthy Nails Healthy You Facebook Q&A with Ginny Cardenas this Thursday, June 21st, 10am to 8pm PST. You'll be able to ask any questions you like and receive answers from an expert! Plus there will be some fantastic nail care products to be won!

2 comments:

arman said...

I am one of the visitors of your site. I hope you will show more such material or data to put in our use.

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your site. You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd really like to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please blast me an email if interested. Thanks!

Take a look at my homepage: Petersen Incorporated

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails